Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy St. Pat's Day to You!!

(I gave instructions to blogger to post this on the 17th - and like all good students, they ignored my instructions!!)


Every year on St. Patrick's Day, I give a lesson about limericks to my students. And the results are often less than sterling. But I feel like I'm doing my part to keep an important institution alive!!

There once was a teacher named Terrill,
Who wondered what was in the barrel.
When she took a quick look,
Over there in that nook,
What emerged were conditions unsterile.

Or maybe this one,

There once was a team Barb and Harry,
Who liked to cavort and make merry.
When what should occur,
But a very loud stir,
Obstructing a plan not to tarry!

And I promise to stop after this one,


A teacher alone in the room,
was attacking the floor with a broom.
What she found were small scraps,
that had fallen off laps,
Do you think they could chase away gloom?



Perhaps you could respond in kind?


No comments: