Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Thank heavens for the mailman!

I was about to positively expire for want of something to read. I have truly exhausted my stacks - there are indeed books in this house that I have not read and that I truly want to at least consider, but I haven't found a compelling one for several days!!

So I printed off a mass of material about "Bernice Bobs Her Hair" and "The Diamond as Big as the Ritz" for the book group tonight and thought I'd stretch out and read those.

And they will make good reading - but the mailman came - with a new magazine - thanks Ara for getting me back into the drill of magazines coming to the house with your subscription drive - and also another Maisie Dobbs novel I'd ordered on Amazon - and it came from Powells - gave me a little pang there Phoebe!

So I'm set until Dad gets home - and then we are going to the show - downtown you know, downtown Monrovia - where we can sit with the other seniors and enjoy our daytime discount!!

No comments: