Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Summertime Blues

This would more accurately be called the "End of Summertime Blues." School starts tomorrow - I'm not really ready, either. I will survive - they are middle schoolers and I pretty much know more than they do - at least about teaching Language Arts and Math!

End of summer and start of school is fraught with so many memories and feelings and sensations. It's something that most of us can relate to also. We can mark off time with such designations as "the year I started high school," "the year I was a senior," "the year I went off to college," "the year my first child started school," "the year my last child started school."

So this year it's "the year my last child started college" and "my first year in MUSD without one of my own kids enrolled." I'll let you know how it goes.

Meanwhile, I will try to carefully chose my outfit for the first day of school. And maybe have Noah take a picture of me!

4 comments:

Eliza said...

I love first-day-of-school outfits. I can probably remember at least half of mine, starting with third grade and the maroon sailor shirt and checkered leggings. In fact, I remember things by what I was wearing that day in the same way that most people remember things by what year of school they were in.

Impressive? Pathetic? You decide.

grannybabs said...

I wore my size 8 Mexicany looking skirt from Target - mainly so I could feel very thin!! Got lots of good comments - even from students. So now what will I wear tomorrow?

bonny with a Y said...

i think i need to get a first day of school outfit for me. i am enrolled in the school of life.

Eliza said...

haha.