Saturday, October 08, 2005

Rockin' and Rollin'


Rockin' and Rollin'
Originally uploaded by grannybabs.
We recently went to Portland, Oregon for Wade Nebeker's wedding. As we were about to leave the festivities, Rye asked me to dance - and it was a fast dance!

It was fun - even if I was convinced I was going to slide out of Phoebe's slick silver mules I had borrowed for the occasion.

Fast dancing - something I have not done in a pretty long time - unless you count racing through the house with my little kids to "In the Hall of the Mountain King" or "Super Trouper," - brings back many memories - especially the Y Center Grand Opening in 1964 when I met Harry - at a dance!

I also remember going on special dates in borrowed finery - must be the Cinderella Complex in women - roomies can't let someone go out without "something borrowed" now can they??

Remembering things fondly is one of the perks of old age.

So is dancing fast if you want to.

Dick Clark would be proud!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Barbara, you arn't old to me. In my head you are the same age as when I came to stay with you in Utah. I'm not sure what that says about me. Am I still 11/12? Actually, I still respect your knowledge just as I did as a kid. Probably more so now.
Great dancing!

Eliza said...

I was just thinking about racing through the house to Peer Gynt this morning. Funny.