Tuesday, November 21, 2006

More "Vingtage" Baby Stuff


More Vintage Baby Stuff
Originally uploaded by grannybabs.
I had forgotten about this bouncing chair, because the one I have now is the plain blue one - which works beautifully - and it was one piece of baby furniture that Bruce approved of - undoubtedly because of its minimalist nature!

I think this plaid one was a shower gift with Eliza - and I think it might have "worn out" so I got the plain blue one with Noah.

And even though this fabric has a pattern, compared to the models they have now, this one could also be deemed "plain!!"

Regardless of the fabric, these bouncing chairs were a personal fave of mine. They worked better than a swing for my kids - a little tap with my foot and the boucing started!

And unlike the plastic carriers that were all the rage when Bonny and Harry were born, they molded to the baby's shape like a hammock or sling - a plus in my book.

This little sunsuit Eliza is wearing was another personal fave of mine - it was printed terry cloth - soft and absorbant.

6 comments:

Eliza said...

If anyone knows where they sell bouncers with any degree of plainness, please let me know.

It's so funny how decked-out baby stuff is. Actually there is some plainer stuff but that's always the most expensive! And it's still not plain enough, in my opinion.

bonny with a Y said...

maybe e-bay?

why don't you use mom's?

or you could get a regular one and just strip it down.

bonny with a Y said...

and i LOVED LOVED LOVED mom's bouncer.

Amy Girl said...

There really is something about a little bouncer. They are so good to put outside the shower or on the kitchen counter.

Also I agree with all the fanfare with baby stuff these days. Why? Plain Jane is just tough to find. Eliza, you might consider a yard sale. I have never been one to have much success with a yard sale, but you just might find a vintage baby bouncer that you could recover.

Eliza said...

A lot of bouncers sold now don't even really bounce (according to reviews I've read, anyway). They vibrate instead (battery powered).

Eliza said...

Hey Mom, remember when you used to blog?