Thursday, April 29, 2010

Today's rant!!

I had 9 phone calls today between 8 and 11 a.m. And about 5 people came to my room needing something from me. To say it was disruptive to my classes is putting it mildly. Every one of the callers "needed" something from me too. But they could have left voicemails instead. I'm good about answering those. And answering emails too.

What I feel bad about though, is that I pretty much ended up taking my frustration out on the kids. One of the young ladies in one of my classes has ditched one too many times and got sent to the alternative program. I feel bad about that, and it happened today, so my students were on edge about it. They may tease and pick on one another, but when the chips are down, as they say, they are fiercely loyal. I'm afraid I wasn't really "there" for them.

I'm going bed now - I usually end up staying up too late most of the time - which I'm sure makes it harder for me to deal with 9 phone calls and 5 drive-bys - and I'm going to ponder on a plan for dealing with whatever tomorrow brings.

Besides, I have to get there early to run off the tests I didn't finish doing today - on account of all the interruptions!!

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: