Saturday, September 08, 2012

What I've been reading -


My sister gave this to me last June - and I started it - then skipped to the end and decided I didn't need to read it.  Then I kept meeting people or hearing people say how entertaining they'd found the book - so I decided to give it a read. Spent most of Labor Day on the lawn swing - reading and napping - and did indeed enjoy reading the whole book.  It's about a woman who faints at the gym and hits her head.  When she comes too, the last 10 years of her life is missing from her memory.  A compelling scenario and a good read.
 
 I long ago read The Giver and Gathering Blue - in fact, I think now I will need to re-read them - and did not even realize that there was a 3rd book in the series - if a series is what you call it - the books are only loosely related although they are similar in theme.  Anyway, I got Messenger and polished it off today - an excellent read - I'd enjoy discussing it with someone - could that be you??


Was visiting a friend today and saw this on her shelf.  I loved Rebecca but had read nothing else by Daphne du Maurier - she said this was her favorite by du Maurier - so I started it while I ate my solitary dinner tonight - Harry was at the temple.  I will let you know how I like it!!

Waiting for Harry to return from his run so we can get in another Pallisers episode!!

2 comments:

country mouse said...

Lois Lowry's books are all favorites of mine - especially the Giver.

Have you read the Susan Beth Pfeffer series, "Life as We Knew It"? They are a trilogy, and everytime someone brings up the messenger they pop into my head.
Frenchman's Creek is also my favorite of her books, I'll be interested to see what you think about it.

grannybabs said...

I loved the Susan Beth Ffeffer series. I guess I'm a dystopian at heart!!