Thursday, March 27, 2014

Vive la France!!


48 years ago I was enjoying a semester abroad in Grenoble, France.  When I read the journal I kept, much of it sounds like a life someone else lead - I don't recognize the names, places, or events.  Other items are a fresh as yesterday.  Someone told me that as you acquire more and more memories, your brain puts a lot of them into storage because you aren't dwelling on them or using them.

Seeing this student visa, however, reminded me vividly of one day in the student union, I was trying to do something, register for a class I think.  I was not having much success - my grasp of French was not superb - when someone told me to get in the "foreign student" line!!  

I totally recall thinking, "But I'm not a foreign student!"

Your viewpoint really depends on where you are looking - and where you are looking from!

No comments: