Sunday, September 07, 2014

Friendship and Sorrow


This photo is from the first year Harry ran Hood to Coast.  It was the year Agnes was born - which would be 2007.  It was so fun for Hannah and I to stay in Nebeker's basement - in the wonderful Norwegian bed - and then bike over to Seaside to see Harry finish.
 

Ry and Sarah have been part of our lives for so many years - it will be hard to realize Ry is really gone now.  We have lost other good friends - and time heals the sorrow - and we are so grateful for good memories - but it is sad.
 

Very soon after I got to know Harry, I got to know Ry - and he was at BYU for a time after Harry left on his mission.  My sister Alice and I drove to Covina to attend  his missionary farewell in summer of 1965.  I picked him up at the SLC airport when he came back to Provo after returning from Norway.

I wish I had photos of some the great adventures we had in those BYU years - I will just have to describe them I supopse.

I love the above photo of Ry with a baby Agnes - he had her charmed that day - in typical Nebeker fashion.

Ry was a one-of-a-kind - and I am so grateful we could call him friend.

3 comments:

Eliza said...

I'm sorry. ❤️

Karen said...

He passed away? What happened? Had he been sick? He is not that old.

I remember hearing about him when I was young. And then of course the times you have had post and pictures about visiting with him and his family.

I am so sorry, I am sure you will miss him.

grannybabs said...

No, he was as old as we are! He had been battling cancer but had been doing better so we were suprised. We will truly miss him.