Thursday, June 18, 2015

Chugging right along on the library trail!!


Chugging right along with the reading material!!  I actually went a few days without reading a novel - got caught up with some of my New Yorker reading!!  Decided I not only needed to quit buying physical books, maybe I shouldn't buy so many Kindle books either!!  So I went to the library - and found a nice stash of Anna Quindlen novels for my reading enjoyment!!   (I'd gone a couple of times looking for some other authors - only to discover that our little Monrovia Library can have a limited selection at times!)

This is the second one by her I've read - you may have noticed that I kind of like to pick and author and then read everything they've written!!  I had read Still Life With Bread Crumbs and enjoyed it, so was ready to try another one.

This one is about a large old house - and a baby abandoned on the doorstep - in a cardboard box!  There are other details too, but Ms. Quindlen has woven a nice little tale of love, loss, and learning.

I'm off to the library for another of her books - good thing she has a long list of them!


I am also an unabashed Grisham fan - and love Theodore Boone too.  Was happy to hear he had a new one out.  I confess that they all seem to run together for me.  They are actually "forgettable" stories - but they are fun to read!  (Note to those not familiar - they are adolescent stories - Theodore Boone is perennially 14!!)

Stay tuned - these two are numbers 36 and 37 for this year's list of 52 books!!

No comments: