Friday, April 01, 2016

"A book set in Europe"


Ara sent me a 2016 Reading Challenge that looks a little more extensive than the one I have - this one fits the category "A book set in Europe."  (I haven't done as much reading this year as I usually do - not sure what that says about my life!)

Anyway, Hannah recommended this one, and it is a good read.  The premise is that what would happen if your life ended - but then the scenario changed and you didn't die?

Ursula Todd dies at birth - at least at the beginning of the book - but then the scenario is replayed - and she doesn't die!  Her life continues on in this vein through World War I and World War II and goes up to 1967.  It might sound like it's pretty confusing, but it's not - you actually start wondering how each new life or scenario is going to play out.

There are some interesting and intriguing episodes involving Hitler and Eva Braun.  It is also a story about a family - the Todds - and how their lives intertwine and influence each other.

And apparently the novel after this, A God In Ruins, is kind of a sequel.  One I will undoubtedly get and read!!

No comments: