Thursday, April 20, 2017


Since I enjoyed A Man Called Ove so much, I decided to try another book by Mr. Backman.  I was not disappointed! The author's style is definite, but it's not overwhelming - seems to go with the story.

And this is a great story - in fact, it's a story about stories.

The twists and turns in the plot are engaging.  The individual portraits are very telling.  And like all great stories, you can really see it all!

I wish I had a book group to talk about it with - let me know if you've read it - and what you thought!

2 comments:

Eliza said...

My friend just gave me this book for my birthday! I'm excited to check it out.

grannybabs said...

Have you read A Man Called Ove? Same author - a totally different story - but the distinctive style is the same. This one is intriguing the way she wove the true events into a fairy tale setting - sounds funky but it works!