Thursday, June 15, 2017

A read


When I flew home from Hannah's after Ralph was born, there was a posted two hour delay for my flight - and I had arrived early anyway.  I did have books with me, but I'm always looking for an excuse to buy a book, so I picked this one up - along with a some snacks!!

The wait actually was shorter than they had said it would be - and it was a very short flight - so I barely got the book started.  

I got home with lots to do after being gone for 2 weeks - and then we took off the next day for Portland. I did take the book with me, but read magazines instead!!

Finally got into the story, but it wasn't very compelling.  It became "what I read while eating lunch" instead of "I can't put this book down!"

Finally it felt compelling - at least I wanted to find out how it all ended.  Let me just say, the best thing about this book is the true story it is based on.  The afterward lets you know what's fact and what's fiction - and lots of it is fact.  Which gives it merit in my mind.

Read the summary - it might be all you need to know!

No comments: