Thursday, November 01, 2018

Month of Gratitude - or "I've got plenty to be thankful for!"


I post on FB, Instagram, the Terrill blog, and my own blog - and it seems like I ought to have enough things to be thankful for that I woudn't have to duplicate any! I guess we will see - keeping track is a task - I suppose I ought to be grateful that I can still keep track of things!

In the past year, the Clayton homestead was sold - and if you drove by, it would not look like this - this is from over 50 years ago. But even the modern version we were most familiar with is very changed. It has a handicap ramp installed on the front and one side, and the yard has been left to die and get full of weeds.

So I don't drive by - once was enough. But I do remember the house very well - I can close my eyes and be there. I can recall Sunday afternoons in the living room with the LA Times spread all around. I can recall coming home late from a babysitting job and tip-toeing down the hall. I can recall Sunday dinners in a very crowded dining room. I can recall Christmas mornings in the living room with tissue-paper covered chairs because our Santa didn't wrap gifts - he covered them with a layer of white tissue paper.

The memories go on and on - and I am grateful not only for good memories but for a place that was home for many, many years - all the remembering years of my youth and young adulthood and parenthood and later adulthood. Not everyone gets to call the same place home for over 60 years!

Grateful for home!

No comments: