Thursday, May 30, 2019

Reading, reading, always reading!

I have a penchant for series of books.  I loved the Hornblower series, the Poldark series, as a kid I loved the Little House on the Prairie books, as a teen I also had a penchant for trying to read every book one author had written - and I have read all of Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Sinclair Lewis, Edna Ferber, and John Grisham.

Upon reflection, some of these don't seem particularly literarily upscale - if you follow my drift. But I think the continuity appeals to me - it's like the people become real, the places seem to be someplace I can see in my mind's eye, and I like that the story doesn't end!

Right now I am absorbed in the Deborah Crombie murder mysteries - Duncan Kincaid and Gemma James - detectives extraordinaire - and very British.

Maybe it's because I've been traveling and good "airplane fiction" can be hard to find.

But if you love a good detective team, give these a try.

And I feel the same way about listening to Louis L'Amour novels when we take road trips!

No comments: