Friday, April 29, 2005

Choosing between good and good - where is better?

I find myself choosing between good and good all the time these days. It never seems to end - and it is fairly frustrating. For example, I would like to walk to and from school - for the exercise, since I don't seem to get it otherwise. But I have to drive one day because I have a dr. appt. at 2:30 - not enough time to walk home and then drive to the appt. Or I want to stop by and say hi to Ken C. or Hubert L. - but I have to hustle to the grocery store to get the goods to feed the sister missionaries (Harry forgot to tell me he'd invited them or I would have undoubtedly been prepared for them.) Or I want to write to my good friend Eileen but everytime I start, the phone rings or someone calls me for something worthwhile. Or I want to stop by and see Sister W. on my way home from the cleaners but we have a wedding reception to go to. Or I just want to come home and sort photos or read or write letters or plant flowers - but the phone rings and someone wants or needs to talk. Choices, choices, choices - will a day really come when I will wish that a phone call would interrupt my day? That's what I keep hearing - somehow I thought I'd be there by now!!

3 comments:

Eliza said...

Okay, Mom, I'll stop calling you.

Is Emily married yet?

bonny with a Y said...

i know what you mean - that's why i have an answering machine

grannybabs said...

I was going to get an answering machine this year - everyone told me to not go alone so I got the right kind - but no one is ever around to go with me!!

So keep calling - or leave messages on my cell phone!!