Sunday, January 08, 2006

Sunday Night Ruminations

This may seem extraneous - but it's not - however, it may be circumlocutious! At any rate, we finally are getting elders, not sisters - and I am very sad - but that could be a whole different blog in itself - I will just say that I think every ward ought to have a pair of sisters and a pair of elders!

But I digress - since the sisters are leaving, we are waiting around for them to come by to say good by and take pictures and have your dad offer them mini cups of Ben and Jerry's. (Is that the key to his phenomenal success as a Ward Mission Leader?)

I keep digressing! So, we can't get casul and put on our p.j.'s - your dad is considering the LA Times crossword puzzle - but if I went up front, he's probably fallen asleep over his new Joseph Smith book.

And there is lots to do, but it doesn't seem appropriate for Sunday - and it's back to school tomorrow - boo, hoo!!

So a new post seemed like a good compromise.

I'm trying to be philosophical and think that blessings will come with elders - even if I feel like I'm losing two right arms! The women of my ward will just have to step up to the plate and start delivering the service that the sisters were able to deliver to the elderly sisters in the ward who live alone and need someone in the daytime - when I'm at work!

As Wilford Woodruff always said, "God moves in a mysterious way!"

2 comments:

Eliza said...

I think mini cups of Ben & Jerry's is probably the key to anyone's phenomenal success.

I know you'll miss the sisters--and they'll miss you--but I'm sure you'll have plenty more new adventures with the elders. Aren't there any lonely elderly men who need visiting?

grannybabs said...

Actually there are - but they are not on my list of people to officially worry about!!