Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Good Friends, Good Food, Good Times


Some of you will recognize some of these women - and all the Terrill kids will recognize at least 2 of them - not counting me!

Michele Yoffe gets together with Nancy Locklair, Dalene Johnson and Adele Cornils once a month - the initials of their first names spell DAMN! So they call it their "DAMN get together!" That is somewhat clever.

Michele and I and Anna May and Sandee Gray are all born in 1945 - so we call ourselves "The Girls of '45" and we get together when we can find a time we can all be there!!

It was getting ridiculous, so Michele said why didn't we join her other group - I'm not going to get caught up in the jokes we could make here - and so we did. And I invited Karan to come along, Sandee invited Buffy, and I'm not sure how Sharon Socha figured into the mix, but she's a great addition to any group!

When Dalene forwarded the picture to me, I thought about how I used to eat lunch with or teach with all of these women. I miss the ones who are no longer there - only Buffy, Sandee, Anna May and I are still at Clifton.

And I thought about how each one of them had had an influence on my life or my teaching techniques or my perceptions of the world.

"Make new friends but keep the old. One is silver, but the other is gold."

A little cheesy but true!

I love my girlfriends!

1 comment:

Troy and Bonnie Card said...

Wow! I've subbed for just about everyone in the group, or have had some connection through Clifton. What a fabulous "Damn" group! :) Bonnie Card