Sunday, November 02, 2008

"I'm Linda Mason." "Oh, Linda Mason."


It may not be "Holiday Inn" here, but we are getting ready to make the holidays happen for the Terrill clan coming to celebrate!!

Actually, it was finally a cool, breezy fall day around here, so Dad and I took a hike up Monrovia Canyon on Friday afternoon. Which led us to the cabin where we have celebrated in the past - and will celebrate again.


Do you love our neon trim??


We've actually come up with some good ideas for things to do, etc. But feel free to share any ideas or suggestions - we want this to be fun for everyone!


This is the view looking down when you are hiking. And the "skyscape" was me trying to be artsy. The sky was overcast and really very lovely - sunset was approaching so there was a hint of color diffusing the whole sky.

We had a fine time - and are looking forward to having a fine time with all of you.

And we went home to a great meal - and 3 trick or treaters!!

(At around 8:30 I could hear some rowdy kids down near Hillcrest. So I raced around turning out lights and we dove under the covers to hide from them. Dad said we should just give them the rest of the candy, but I told him I'm saving it to use in the classroom for rewards and the like. Besides, it was fun to listen to them castigating their buddy who had led them up the street. Maybe they were novices and thought they were on Gold Hill!!)

3 comments:

bonny with a Y said...

I say we go to LeRoys for breakfast. I'm sure it's a venerable Monrovian institution, and I feel it a shame that I've never been there.

Eliza said...

Ah, LeRoys. Since you like IHOP, Bonny, you will probably like LeRoys...although it is a bit darker in LeRoys, if I remember right. Mood lighting, I suppose.

I am very excited for Christmas this year! It will be fun!

Although we will miss the slumber party in the cabin. If Ida is anything like Theo was at 3 months, no one is going to want to sleep in the same room with her...trust me! But we will be there during the day.

grannybabs said...

We are figuring that the parents and infants will go to the various locations to sleep - Dad and I figure we will be the "Camp Leaders" for those brave enough to sleep at the cabin.