Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Thinking about "Little Women"

We went to Centre Stage Friday night and saw their performance of Little Women. I had seen it at the Pantages a few years ago, and their performance was really just as good - and we had better seats!!


When Annika was born, Ara came to me and said, "Grandma, now we are our own Little Women."


When Harry and I went to Boston one year for the marathon, we went to Concord and visited Orchard House - Louisa May Alcott's home. It was everything I expected it to be. In fact, I kept waiting for Jo to come bounding down the stairs!



And I often think of my 4 lovely daughters as a great group of Little Women.


(I have 5 sisters, so we don't exactly fit the mold, but we like to think that we are a group of Little Women too!!)

So when I came across this photo of the wonderful Burdick sisters, from Eliza's wedding reception, I thought that they certainly qualify as a bona fide Little Women group!!

(And they always look so fashionable and well put together!! They probably don't scorch their party dresses and have to carry one soiled glove all scrunched up!!)

(And that's Desirae McKendrick Badger in the middle!!)

Do we sense a theme here?? I have several aprons to sew by next Saturday - I think I will watch Little Women while I sew!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey, that's us!

What a lovely reception that was, and my sisters and I seem remarkably still the same (I mean, except for my exceptionally short haircut! It didn't happen on purpose, though I think that my father really liked it...)!

And, that's quite a compliment to be compared to the resilient young ladies in Louisa May Alcott's book! It works for me, because then (relational age-wise) I get to be Jo! We love the movie with Winona Ryder, too.

Thank you for remembering us so sweetly, and hope that your aprons turn out very well!

Joy said...

I love your own 4 "Little Women." What darling girls. Ara is certainly blossoming into a beauty. Bruce is going to be a busy man as these girls begin dating.