Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"Il y a longtemps que je t'aime"

Dad and I saw the previews to this film - and thought it looked like something we'd enjoy. So we put in on our NetFlix queue.

The critics were divided - but we aren't - we thought it was very well done. The acting was superb, the characters were finely drawn, the story built slowly but effectively - and the ending worked - even though most of those who were negative objected to the ending.

If you enjoy foreign films, add this to your list.

6 comments:

Amy Girl said...

Just put it in our instant que. I'll let you know my review once I get a chance to sit.

grannybabs said...

It moves slowly - like many foreign films. Harry commented that it was too bad most people want things "fast and furious" since life isn't always that way - and since it takes time for events and relationships to happen, it ought to take time to depict them artistically.

Leslie said...

We saw it a long time ago. We liked it. Another wonderful french film is Les Choristes.

grannybabs said...

We saw that - and I think all public school teachers should see it!!

bonny with a Y said...

we watched it a couple of months ago and we loved it. les choritstes was great as well.

Donna said...

it is on my netflix list. plus Les Choristes I loved so much I bought it.