Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Latest read


I had to be seriously persuaded to read this book. I had had it recommended to me by several people - but every time I read the brief synopsis, I was sure I wouldn't like it.

Then a friend brought it over to me and insisted I had to give it a try. She's a very persuasive woman, so I did. And at first, I put it down more than I picked it up.

But then I got hooked - and wasn't finished when we left for Oregon last week. We were driving - and I can't read while riding in a car. But that didn't stop me from picking it up every time we had to stop for anything!! And I stayed up at the first motel we stayed at - and finished it.

I think everyone has read it already - but if you haven't, be sure you do!!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

There is a sequel out. It is very charming also.

grannybabs said...

I will have to get it.

Phoebe said...

Mom-I cannot believe that you didn't listen to me the first time I recommended it!

I just finished the sequel and liked it as well.

grannybabs said...

Like I said, every time I read the back cover, I was sure it just wasn't something I would like.

Some of us take longer than others to learn certain lessons!

Karen said...

I'm that way about books too. Some times it just takes me a while to be in the right mood to appreciate them.
Like the Hunger games. I haven't read it yet. (My childeren own copies!) I know I will eventually, and I will probably wonder why it took me so long.

grannybabs said...

You will like the Hunger Games and the 3rd one comes out this summer, so you'd better hustle on the first two!!