Thursday, January 12, 2012

Like sister, like sister!!

This post started out being about how Leslie was often called "Barbara Jr." Then I noticed that I had photos of Joan, Leslie, and Donna - but not Mary. Not wanting to leave Mary out, I'm posting this one. So now Bobby, Richard, and Charlie are included too. I'm going to stop there!!

This shot of me was supposed to show the resemblance.

It's an old photo of Joan with Alice and me - I'm maybe 8 years old?? We had just gotten new bathing suits at Ruby's Department Store on Chatsworth - and were headed for Pop's Willow Lake for the Radioplane employee party!!

Not sure of the date here either, but I think Donna was 3 or 4 - so Leslie was 5 or 6 - and you can see some resemblance between Leslie and me. It was when Donna broke her leg - and not sure why Leslie has the big bandage on her chin!!

A "Sister Shot" from 2000 - at Dad's funeral. As we all get older, the resemblances become more apparent.


And a "Sister Shot" from 2010 - at Mom's 90th birthday party.

Sisters are wonderful - I'm glad I have such a great bunch of them!!

1 comment:

Alice said...

Leslie got out of bed late one night and fell against a night stand and split open her chin. I remember it well.