Monday, December 09, 2013

Happy Day to my sister Mary!!


Today is my sister Mary's birthday.  She's only about 6 years younger than me, but I don't have lots of memories of a childhood with her.  But once she was older, and going to school at Ricks, she would come to visit and help out and that was the true beginning of our relationship.

She and I hung out together the day before I went into labor with Bonny.  She had come down from Ricks - hoping I think that the baby would be born.  I was overdue, so we walked from our apartment near the U in SLC to Temple Square - hoping that it would start some action.  I didn't go into labor for another day, but we had a nice walk.  It was General Conference time, so we actually ran into several people we knew.

After Bonny was born, she'd come down and volunteer to babysit.  We had ballet tickets one night, so she stayed home with Bonny.  I worried all through the performance that Bonny was crying and fussing - since she did a lot of that.  But when we got home, Mary disappointedly reported that she'd slept the whole time!

I have 5 sisters, and Alice and I had a close relationship growing up, but it's been our adult years that have seen the growth of the love and friendship that we all enjoy with one another.  I can't imagine not having sisters - it's a real blessing.

Mary is sweet and always helpful.  She is a talented cook and seamstress.  She has been through some tough times, but she always comes out smiling.

Here's wishing her a happy day and a great year ahead!!

No comments: