Thursday, April 30, 2015

Numbers 27 and 28!!


I keep ripping through the books on my Kindle - I'd better watch out, since I'm liable to run out of books for the upcoming plane rides I have!!

Harry started this one, but couldn't get into it.  It was a little slow, but once it got "wound up" it became more compelling.

 The reviews are saying that it's not her best work, but since she is such a skillful story-teller, it is still a good read.

And it's a strange story - but then, all her stories are!  There is not as much character development as she usually provides, which is disappointing.  But all in all it's an insightful look into the role of mothers in our lives.
 

I had never read Anna Quindlen, in spite of seeing her name often on best-seller lists.  But you know those parts of Amazon that say, "Those who looked at this book also looked at .....?"  Well, I thought I'd give it a shot.

It was a good story.  And the writing was clear and precise - always a plus.  It's the story of a 60 year old woman who feels like she's on the downhill slide - one reviewer commented that it was nice to see a story told from an "older" woman's point of view.  

And it was nice!

A little bit "tidy" at the end - but sometimes tidiness is welcome!

I may try another of her books.

No comments: