Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Countdown to a fabulous 52!


So, I'm recovering from surgery to remove a kidney stone, and I don't do much else but read - and check Instagram for updates from Bonny and Harry!!  Harry and I are also watching Poldark in the evenings - love it so far!!

I'm not sure why I continue with Kristin Hannah - one of her novels was really good - and the others have failed to deliver - cheesy romances actually - but they do pass the time - at least in the above I didn't totally predict the outcome so there was some reason to finish!! Thankfully it was from the library, so I didn't lose any money!


I do love Sandra Dallas - and so far she has never failed to deliver  - for me anyway.  This is a sweet story about the Civil War, the settling of the plains of America, the love of quilting, and the strength of women working together.


Not sure why I keep reading her - this was a library book too - it was interesting to learn so much about Italian cooking however!


Henriette Luscezk recommended this book - and it is really good.  It's a first novel, and the author is an attorney.  Legal issues play a major role - kind of Grishamish that way - but the story - told in flashbacks - is gripping.  It does have its flaws, but they are minor - when you are stuck on the couch, you need a compelling read.  It is about the Holocaust in Poland - and hunting for Nazi killers in our day.  

Try it, I think you'll like it!!

I'm at number 48!

No comments: