Sunday, July 05, 2015

Number 40!


My 40th novel this year - I will have 52 books done before fall at this rate!!  Oh well, sometimes I'm an over-achiever!

This novel is about domestic violence - and the ending is not a happy one - it's not tragic per se, but it's not what I wanted it to be.  However, it's probably more realistic than a happy ending would have been.  And the protagonist is a strong woman who "wins" in the sense that she is able to take charge of her life, finally.

I can see that Ms. Quindlen likes to tackle current "issues" - as many good authors do - but she does seem to transcend the "message" that writers like Jodi Picoult get bogged down in.  She seems to be writing more about self-awareness, family relationships, and the way the world shifts under us.

And she's a great story-teller!

No comments: