Tuesday, March 01, 2016

A fun read!


This meets a few categories on my Reading Challenge 2016 list:  recommended by a friend or family member, can be read in a day, a book published before you were born (ha, bet you didn't think there were many of those!!)

Phoebe recommended it - so we bought it on Amazon so we could both read it.  It is definitely lightweight - would be perfect airplane fiction.  It has a certain British charm to it.  Great literature it is not, but it is fun - something along the lines of Flavia de Luce books.

It was a perfect companion on a somewhat dreary day - a little overcast, I was home alone - try it, you might like it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend just finished the second book and she said she liked it even more!

grannybabs said...

I got it also - haven't started it yet though.

Karen said...

I found these at the library a year or so ago and read them. I think there were three of them. I enjoyed them.

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.