Thursday, September 22, 2016

Some beach reading!


Spent a few days at Bonny's while she and Bruce took Ella up to Idaho.  And the days were long and lovely and Esme and Annika were at school all day, so reading was definitely on the agenda!!

Decided not to buy more Kindle books, so I went to the library - and thought I'd pick up any Anny Tyler books I had not read.  That can be a tricky course of action, because I often think I haven't read a book - but then I get into it and realize that I have indeed read it already.

Not so with either of these - this one was a little forgettable - but deftly written and a great "beach read!"
 

This story was an audio book Harry and I started on a trip once.  Harry didn't like it, so we stopped listening.  I think maybe he's just not the Anne Tyler type!  I'd always wanted to see how it came out, so I was glad to finish it.  The story has a lot of merit - mostly about communication - or the lack of it in our lives.

I recommend it!

No comments: