Sunday, September 25, 2016

Getting back to Poldark!


So, last August - as in August 2015 - I reviewed the first two Poldark novels.  Actually, I had not finished number 2 - it was still on my Kindle.  It was called Demelza - I finished it - wondered why I hadn't finished it before??

Then I went to the library to see if I could get number 3, Jeremy Poldark, but it was not to be had! So I bought it on Kindle too - and really couldn't put it down!! Finished it today - and started number 4!! Starting with number 5, the library had copies, so I can stop spending money on Kindle!!

It was a good read - these are kind of like Horatio Hornblower - truly another time and place that a fine author has recreated - and it makes for really great reading.

It is a saga -which is why I think I find it so compelling.  And it's a romance.  Another plus.  And it's at the time of the French Revolution - and I have always affirmed the notion that the best way to study history is to read a great historical novel.

And there are quite a few more where this came from!

And, yes, I want to take a trip to the Cornwall coast of England!!

No comments: