Friday, February 02, 2018

Up all night reading once again!


It's been a busy winter - have not done much reading!! I need something compelling to read when I'm busy - because I just don't read if I'm not really into the book!  Last month's book group selection was not very compelling reading - I gave up after 42 pages!!

I did get immersed in a bio of Queen Victoria - but you can put it down - so I may be awhile.

And I am Home/Hospital teaching 3 students and have to read the core novels they are reading - they are all books I have read before - The Cay, The Book Thief, and The Great Gatsby - but I do have to review them!! But they don't count as reading books!

The book was compelling at first - bogged down past the halfway mark - I usually  enjoy Lisa See, but I think she lost her focus in this story. 

The initial narrative was very compelling and informative - I love getting my Chinese history via a good novel - but then it seemed to be trying too hard to be too many things.

And the ending was a little pat.

But last night I only had a chapter to go - so I stayed up late reading.  Was a little disappointed at the predictability of the ending  -  but there was one surprise!!

It would be good airplane fiction though.

No comments: