Tuesday, February 20, 2018

You never know what you will find at The Friends of the Library!


I periodically go to the Friends of the Library bookstore - I try not to buy books, since I'm more interested in freeing up space on my bookshelves.  But they have a great selection of greeting cards that are only $1 each.  And I like to get cheap kids books for Frankie - who loves his basket of books. And I have found some gems!

I saw this on in the bargain basket - and since every book I have read by Karen Hesse has been wonderful - I got it.

Wasn't sorry either. 
 
It's about a nuclear meltdown at a power plant in New England. There are devastating consequences. 
 
Our heroine lives on a sheep farm.  There are some lovely parallels drawn to shepherds and sheep raising.
 
It's a good read - and a quick one - this is after all adolescent fiction!!


No comments: