Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Happy 20th to Annika!


 Annika is on a mission to Washington DC South - Spanish speaking, and it is her 20th birthday!! And I am remembering a Grandma's Birthday weekend when we went shopping for her gift of choice - and it was a Dora the Explorer metal wastebasket! I  was sure Bruce would be horrified - but he wasn't. Said she obviously loved it - and wasn't that the point?

The above photo is my fave of Annika and me - we were in VA at Eliza's - had come for Theo's blessing - I even remember how good it felt to hold that little hand - and how happily she held mine!

After October, 8 of our 24 grandchildren will be 20 or older. It is bittersweet to watch them grow - there aren't many Birthday Weekends anymore - and no one asks about the Grandma's Treasure Box either. But the calls and the visits with these marvelous young adults is worth the tradeoff.

And there are still 16 kids under 20 - and great grandkids too!

No comments: