Thursday, February 03, 2005

The Learning Store

I am off to the Learning Store - to get some very simple science worksheets for an incredibly low student I have. He really belongs at a lower level, but parent is in denial and will not sign. So the aide takes him and another very low student with just an uncaring parent - I have some sad students, let me tell you - and does work with them outside on the lunch tables during Science.

Doesn't it sound kind of oxymoronish to go to a learning store - I guess you really can buy anything with money!? The other Special Ed. teacher - who is brand new - went there - to the Learning Store that is - with a 20% off coupon and reported that they just had tons of good science stuff to choose from - so I'm pretty excited.

Just wish I had a 20% off coupon. (Thank you Mr. Bush and Gov. Schwarzenegger for you fiscal assistance to teachers everywhere!)

4 comments:

Eliza said...

How do you not get depressed with some of these students? I'm glad they have you to impact them in a positive way.

grannybabs said...

Well, someone has to love them - might as well be me! And the Learning Store really did have tons of fun science stuff - wish I'd known about it that year I taught Science at Wildrose. Maybe we will do a Grandma's Science Workshop this summer!

Eliza said...

Where are you, Grandmother Babs?

grannybabs said...

I'm right here where I always am when I'm reading this!!