Tuesday, July 05, 2005

The jRoom In The Garage

The room in the garage is something of a barometer of life here at the Terrills. For one thing, it only gets worked on in the summertime. For another thing, it's started to become the repository of our lives. Finally, it actually is getting some food storage in there! (for the uninitiated, the room was orginally carved out of the garage to be a food storage room - and it has never been just a food storage room - at some point it did have a lot of empty Mason jars in it though!)

Yesterday I took everything out of there and put it on the patio. Harry is putting more shelving in - I am convinced that shelving will help. Hauling the boxes out was enlightening. A Batmobile, baby pictures of me, some great little Sunshine family-type dolls and accessories that Eve already loves, old clothing as in a sweater I took away to college, the corporate seal that Harry has been looking all over for, three large Raggedy Ann dolls that belong to Bonny, Phoebe and Eliza I guess - there's another doll too, some seashells and the rock collection that belongs to Bonny. There's a lot more - and I keep thinking - Didn't I just go through all this? I guess we are acquiring stuff faster than I get rid of it - because I do get rid of trunkloads of stuff on a regular basis.

Maybe I'd better have someone take a picture of me in that old sweater and then I can toss it!

3 comments:

bonny with a Y said...

my rock collection?!?! is it stillin a styrofoam egg carton?

as for the raggedy ann - ahhhh a place in my heart. my girls (esp esme') still play with the raggedy ann and andy you made me - the one whose hair got finished on the trip to catalina

grannybabs said...

These are the very big Raggedy Anns - there is one with purple hair, orange hair and bright pink hair - claim it and it's yours! (I had them all seated in a row on the family room couch and Noah and Karl got a chuckle - it was a little weird to walk in and see them. Eve immediately gave them all toys to play with!!)

Eliza said...

Mine is the pink one.