Thursday, February 05, 2009

What teachers do - sometimes!!


Marcie and I are fond of organizing potlucks at school. I used to talk about doing it all the time, but it never seemed to happen. One time Marcie and I were discussing it and she just grabbed a sheet of paper and made a sign up sheet - and it happened!

Now they are pretty regular and are looked forward to and enjoyed. Today was perfect, because our theme was "comfort food" and we had meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, chocolate chip cookies, lasagne, enchiladas - fortunately I brought some orange slices and grapes or it would have been pretty starchy!! But good!


One teacher commented, "I feel like my mother just fed me!" (That's the idea of "comfort food" actually!) And the hallway smelled wonderful - the kids couldn't figure it out!

Marcie and I bring tablecloths - she did centerpieces by going around campus and snipping off roses - and I wear an apron - it sort of makes it official, if you follow my drift!

These folks are easily impressed - but we enjoy it - it builds a sense of community - and you just can't beat "breaking bread together." (I was going to wow them and have fresh bread baking in the oven - but the weary bones just couldn't swing it! Maybe next time!!)


Kyle suggested I snap him rubbing his full tummy!!

No comments: