Thursday, October 07, 2010

Making Do!


A few weeks ago our Stake Relief Society put on a dinner prior to the Women's Broadcast. This was our 4th year. We don't actually do it - the High Council and the Stake Presidency do the work - but we set up and decorate the tables.

There wasn't a whole lot of money left in our budget, so we weren't sure what to do. But then I got to thinking that there were flowers and greenery growing in our yards - and on the stake center grounds themselves.

So we gathered up what was growing at the time and used the vases my secretary had bought up for her daughter's wedding reception that is coming up in November. And it looked great - I should have taken photos. Afterwards we gathered them up and each of us took home an armful - and my armful looked like this.

We were inordinately proud of our skill and frugality!!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

We are having our Women's Conference tomorrow. I am going to help set up in a while. It should be good!

Amy Girl said...

I adore that vase!