Sunday, August 21, 2011

All good things come to an end!


I have had the great privilege of serving as the Arcadia Stake Relief Society President for the last 5 years. Today in Stake Conference, I was released. I had known about the release for a couple of weeks, but it became official today - and I could finally talk about it!

Here we are 5 years ago - the original presidency. First Brenda left to become the Relief Society President in her ward. Then Amy was released and became the Primary President in her ward.


Yukari was the new secretary, and Trina took over Amy's job. Elizabeth and I were the last two holdouts from the original gang of 4!!

I should have gathered them all up today for a final shot - but I was not that organized!! Suffice it to say that it has been a wonderful blessing in my life to enjoy a regular association with these women - and that is what I will miss the most.

President Magnusson once commented that when you accept a calling, you accept the notion that there will be a release. I understand that concept. I have had a few weeks to ponder, and I can report that I feel good about my efforts. I'm sure I could have done some things better, but I have no regrets. I raised my hand high to sustain the new president. The mantle has been removed, and that is as it should be.

School is starting, our house is in disarray from the recent "flooding" we experienced - and no one is sure how long it will take to get things back in shape, there are aprons to be sewn, grandchildren to host for sleepovers, letters to write, blogs to post, aging mothers to care for, and books to read.

And tomorrow is Monday!



4 comments:

Janelle said...

Wow--the end of an era!! I love how you allude that five years later, things can get back to "normal" (flooding, grandchildren, aprons, blogs, letters...). Don't get too comfortable! :-)

grannybabs said...

I can't get much more "uncomfortable" with this disaster zone we are calling home these days! (actually it could be worse - I could be a young mom with kids and a new baby or something!!)

Phoebe said...

New calling? Who replaced you?
I guess there is nothing so constant as change!

grannybabs said...

Suzanne Hix is the new president - I don't have a new calling yet - "Br'er Fox, she lay low!!"