Wednesday, August 31, 2011

An anniversary of sorts


48 years ago this month I headed off for BYU! This is an old BYU i.d. card.

So many things were different then - everything was done by hand - computers may have existed, but they didn't do the registration. We all pooled our money and cooked meals together in Heritage Halls. We walked everywhere we went. The Wilkinson Center (always the Y Center to me!!) did not exist. Women wore skirts - pants were not allowed. And we wore hose to school - and they weren't pantyhose either - we had girdles to hold them up!!

But I suspect some things were the same. The sense of fun and adventure and trying something new. Meeting new people. Having great experiences. Staying up late studying. Hanging out in the library. Making friends for life.

Meeting your one and only!!

Ah, trust me - time flies!!!

3 comments:

Amy Girl said...

Barbara, you alwasy say it so well.

Amy Girl said...

BTW - Kelli & I are in YW together! Fancy that.

Eliza said...

This post really evoked those memories in me. Starting college was so wonderful and strange and daunting and sad and happy and thrilling all at once. I really treasure the memories of my time at BYU! It was really a great 4 years. Thanks for making it possible for me to go. :)