Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What brings out the worst in me!!

School started Monday. I'd been going to the campus daily for a week or so - every time I went, there seemed to be a new snag to fix. School started - and the enrollment in SPED skyrocketed - and we were inundated. My classes are at 18, 24 and 11. The 11 almost seems small!! (Traditionally my classes have been 8 to 10 or smaller.)

Those I talked to seemed to feel like I had to just buck up and carry on!! I figured I was talking to the wrong people.

Then I found the right people. They listened anyway. Said it was a problem. Said things had to change.

Our principal is new - not starting until September 12th. The VP came in today with two scenarios. One is better than the other, but both are doable.

I will let you know how it goes. Meanwhile I work on not taking my frustrations out on the kids. (My room only has 18 seats. Things get quite congested!!)

Retirement looks better every day!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I it weird that there was such an increase with not notice for you. How can that happen with IEP's? Someone was not quite forthcoming with the info?

I feel for you. Hopefully things will get worked out quickly.

Last year Sarah's main class was crowded. We were happy to be told that they have a second class and teacher this year, making things much better.

grannybabs said...

They granted a lot of transfers - never a good idea in my book. And we had a number of move-ins too.