Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Lost and Found - sometimes!!

If it wasn't that I'm always misplacing things - and have been for most of my life - I might think that I was losing my memory.

The most recent casualty is my camera!! I took a picture on the bus as we were leaving New York on Saturday. I thought I put it right back into the backpack I was using. (Just prior to that I spent about 10 minutes rifling through said backpack looking for my phone - which turned out to be on the floor of the bus - not sure how it got there either!!)

Didn't even notice I didn't have it until yesterday morning. Went through all my bags - nada. Texted Hannah and Robbie to see if it was in their house/car/trunk - all to no avail.

I'm not too upset about having to get a new camera. And all the photos on it -except the ones from this most recent trip - are on my computer - but I just hate to lose things!! (And hopefully Hannah will share her photos with me - she takes better photos anyway!!)

When my kids were little, I would stay up late looking for all the pieces to their puzzles and games. I kept track of all the Fisher-Price people and accessories. I matched up doll shoes and socks. I would look until I found things.

In my later years, I have given most of that up - unless it's vital, I just don't have the energy - or maybe it's the will - to keep looking. When I was here in August, I brought along my Weight Watcher's Guide to Restaurants and Fast Food. Couldn't find it when I packed up to leave - and it's never turned up here. Thought maybe I hadn't brought it. But it hasn't turned up at home either.

Do you think in the next life there will be a giant lost and found where we can at least satisfy our curiousity??

3 comments:

Karen said...

Boy I can relate. When I lose something I search and search until I find things. I also sort toys, looking for missing pieces.
Sorry about your camera.

Alice said...

It is better to lose a camera than misplace your wallet with all the credit cards. I did that last summer. I do hope that you will find it sometime.

Alice said...

It is better to lose a camera than misplace your wallet with all the credit cards. I did that last summer. I do hope that you will find it sometime.