Friday, November 11, 2011

What's been going on around here!!


For starters, I had a much-enjoyed dinner reunion with Dalene, Sandee, and Michele. I love my "school friends," but when they retire, I don't get to see them as much!!

Every year Marcie does a mock trial - then the students read "The Tell-Tale Heart" by Edgar Allen Poe. The kids seem to get into it - and maybe even learn something!!


Marcie is quite the artist I am learning!! (I am doing an 8th grade Language Arts collaboration model with Marcie this year.)


On Halloween, Marcie dresses up as Edgar Allen Poe and then reads "The Raven" to her classes. She is really good at looking like Poe!! Then "Poevember" begins!!


Dalene and Michele brought me a lovely bouquet, in honor of Jonah, so Dad and I took it to the cemetery today. It really looks lovely there - in fact, it's a lovely place to go and visit. Turns out Charlie Graham's grave is close by, as is Hubert Luszeck's.


Since it's Veteran's Day, there were lots of folks there - flags and flowers too.

Lots to remember!!

No comments: