Thursday, March 22, 2012

Second Time Around


I read this book a few years ago and certainly enjoyed it. Then my book group chose it for our selection this month, and I decided to re-read it. I often don't re-read books, but I may change my mind on that score.

For one thing, if it's been a long enough time, it seems almost like a first read - obviously I'm not retaining much. I am famous for "skimming" books to get through them quickly. I feel like I know how to dispense with scenic descriptions and lengthy ruminations. This probably contributes to the lack of recall on some scores.

Also, a good story usually can handle a second reading. I enjoyed reading this the second time - I thought I had the outline of the story pretty well set, but I had forgotten several significant details.

And since I want to take part in the book group discussion, a reading closer to the time of the meeting is pretty essential.

If you didn't check it out the first time I recommended it, check it out this time!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I will have to give it a go. Maybe after June.