Saturday, December 01, 2012

The first day of Christmas -


No one has ever given me anything on the first day of Christmas.  But if we are talking one here - and we are - a Christmas celebration probably needs at least one tree!!

This was also our first Christmas tree - not our first Christmas - we spent that on our honeymoon in Santa Barbara - but our first tree - so I think it qualifies for the initial post on my 12 days of Christmas idea here.

Last year we did not have a tree.  We were in the throes of remodeling/repairing damage from our water leak.  A tree would have really complicated things.  I truly didn't mind not having one.  Our family comes for the holidays at New Year's time.  But when I suggested not having one again this year, I was accused of becoming Scrooge-like.

I certainly don't want to be perceived as being Scrooge-like!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I like the picture. Thinking about the work of decorating the tree and how makes me tired. And then the taking down! I understand you not minding not having a tree. I do love the tree once it it up and lit though.