Monday, May 20, 2013

Another great read!


I need to stop starting books!!  I find myself compelled to finish them in record time - so I can start another one I guess!!

If you have read Dancing At the Rascal Fair, you will find this read intriguing - because it deals with the locale and some of the characters from that story - only it's almost 40 years later - 1960 to be more precise.

I love the way Ivan Doig brings a whole region alive for me - and the characters seem like my neighbors or something - I feel like I will know them when I run into them on the street!

And the story lines keep you guessing right up to the end!!

All of his books are not on Kindle - nor are they in the library - so I am being creative at getting hold of them without having to buy them - don't want to break my New Year's resolution to not buy any "physical" books.

Thus far I've managed to procure one of them as an early birthday gift!!

Watch for my review!!  (I'm saving this one for the plane ride to Oregon!!)

No comments: