Monday, June 30, 2014

Memory Lane in Centerville!


Harry F. and family are enjoying a Utah vacation.  They spent some time in Centerville yesterday.  Harry had asked me for old addresses - which I could not remember - but I could describe where things were - and he found them.  He told me, "I remember them, I just don't know where they are!"

This is the old white church - we attended there for the first couple of years we lived in Centerville.  On our very first Sunday, we hustled off to church - and no one was there.  It was the end of daylight savings time - and we hadn't set our clocks back!!
 

We ended up in this chapel - Harry Dad served in the bishopric here - we lived right across the street - so it was pretty convenient.  (and this was back in the day when you went to Priesthood, then came home and got the family and went to Sunday School, and then went home and had dinner and a nap and headed back in the late afternoon for Sacrament meeting!!)
 

This is the house we built - it was going to be forever - and then we moved out 6 months after moving in  - and went to California!!  (And you know the rest of the story!!)  I was not happy about moving - in fact, I was downright unhappy.  While Harry and Dawn were there, a woman walked by and said, "The woman here didn't like the house so she made her husband move."  Harry's comment:  "The legend continues!"

That's how urban myths are born!!

This

No comments: