Sunday, June 08, 2014

Reading and watching


Harry and I went to a filmed version of the Broadway play version of Driving Miss Daisy with Angela Lansbury and James Earl Jones.  It was well-done and thought-provoking. 

Maybe because we have older parents to care for.

Or maybe because we are getting older!


In the same vein, this novel, which I read a review of in Real Simple magazine, tells the rather compelling story of a man with Alzheimer's who realizes what is happening, but who wants to get one last thing done before his mind is completely out of his control.  

Often I "skim" books so that I just get the story line.  When the description is so vivid and complete that you can't skip it, I usually find that the book is really excellent.

This is just such a book.  Don't let the subject matter put you off - it's about families and the complexities there.  And it is about love and the many faces it assumes.

And it is gripping!

No comments: