Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Summer recreation and reading


With Hannah here - and Rhoda co-operating by being a wonderfully co-operative baby - we have time for movies and books.  We watched The King's Speech - I had not seen it.  What a great film - I've been looking at Queen Elizabeth for years now, and I had no idea her father was such a complex and courageous man.
 

We also watched 20 Feet from Stardom - another film I'd always wanted to see.  It's a documentary and very informative - especially about eras of music with which I am familiar.


And we picked up Ella's copy of The Fault in Our Stars.  We've both finished it, so now we can see the movie.  But we know what happens, so maybe we won't enjoy it as much.  I will let you know.

I will say that the story drags at the beginning - I picked it up and put it down a number of times.  But once it got  going, it was a compelling read.  Well-written too.  Although as Hannah says, we really don't know any people who actually talk the way they do in the book - talk with Capital Letters that is.

Let me know what you think!


No comments: