Friday, May 29, 2015

Another good read


Phoebe recommended this to me - and it does not disappoint in a major way.  I read several reviews - one from the New York Times - and they all commented that the sense of disaster was "underplayed" to the detriment of the story. I did notice that feature after reading the reviews - but it didn't detract for me.

The premise is the world after a pandemic destroys 99 percent of the world's population - and a Traveling Symphony - featuring music and Shakespeare - travels around one part of the world and gives us a picture of what life has become.

It is not The Road, but it is a good story.  Especially is you like Shakespeare!


1 comment:

Phoebe said...

I am glad you liked it. I kept thinking about it for days after i finished it- that's the sign of a great story!