Thursday, May 07, 2015

Number 30 - more than half-way through the challenge!!


Not sure why I call it a "challenge" to read 52 books a year - I suspect I do that most years - but I'm still more than half-way through and it's only May!

This is about London and the Blitz during World War II and the evacuation of children to the countryside.  But it's also a story of secrets and misunderstandings.

It's a "good read," but it's not especially well-written.  The story line is compelling, but when you are finished, you find yourself thinking, "Gee, that could have been done better."  My biggest complaint was the excessive amount of detail that did nothing for the story.  But then, that's always my complaint.

Too bad I've read it - it would make a great airplane read!!

Good thing I have plenty in my Kindle library for my upcoming trip!!

No comments: